15 Minute Eggplant Tofu Stir Fry
If you are pressed for time and don’t know what to do with your eggplants, maybe you should try this easy and quick stir fry! All you need is some chinese eggplants, zucchini and any other vegetable you would like to add and of course your protein, tofu! You can have this with some noodles or rice and you can add other vegetables like broccoli, carrots or mushrooms! Make sure you press your tofu by wrapping with a towel and put something heavy (like a pot) on top of it.
This recipe will yield one big bowl or two smaller ones and it is pretty low on sodium and oil but very flavorful. If you would like it more salty, you could add some more soy sauce or salt. So make sure you try this and let me know if you like it!
- 2 Chinese eggplants
- 1 medium size zucchini
- 1 or 2 small sweet peppers
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 a block of tofu, pressed
- 1tbsp sesame oil
for the sauce:
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp crushed pepper
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Cut your tofu lengthwise and into small cubes
- Wash your zucchini and eggplants, cut the top and bottoms. Cut your eggplants in half an inch slices and let them soak in a bowl with water and some salt for about 10, 15 minutes.
- Cut your zucchini in half lengthwise and then cut it in thin slices.
- Cut the top parts on your peppers off, remove the seeds and cut them in long thin slices. Cut your onion in thin slices
- Prepare your sauce. Simply add all ingredients in a bowl and stir well
- In a large skiller or wok, add a tbsp of sesame oil, add onions and garlic and saute for a minute of high heat.
- Add eggplant, saute for a minute or two and then add 4 tbsp of water.
- Add the rest of your vegetables and tofu and then pour the sauce and stir. Reduce heat on medium.
- Continue stirring around until your eggplant is soft and your tofu gets a light brown color for about 5 minutes. You don’t want the zucchinis and pepper to be too soft. They are supposed to be a little crunchy.
- Serve, add some sesame seeds or Sriracha and enjoy!