Berry Tahini oatmeal (vegan & Gluten Free)
I know making oatmeal is not that big of a deal but that doesn’t mean it should be boring. There are millions of different ways to cook oatmeal but one of my favorite ones is cooking it with mixed berries and drizzling it with lots of tahini. The combination is just divine! This oatmeal will take you less than 15 minutes to prepare but will keep you full for hours. It’s mess free and you can have these hot or prepare it overnight and have it cold the next morning (you might just need to add more milk in). I am convinced you will love it!
- 1/3 cup quick cook oats
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- 2 cups soy milk
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Trader Joe’s Organic Hemp Protein Powder vanilla flavor
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- as much tahini as you like to top it off with
- Put your soy milk in a small saucepan, add the oats, flax meal, chia seeds and hemp protein powder and set on medium heat.
- Mix until it starts to thicken and then add the berries, maple syrup, salt and cinnamon and reduce heat to low.
- Continue stirring until the berries soften and you oats get a nice pink color.
- Remove from heat, let stand for a bit and serve with tahini and whatever other toppings (I used unsweetened shredded coconut) you like!