Creamy Butternut Squash Soup (Vegan & Gluten Free)
It’s officially soup season and fall vegetables make it more exciting! I love soups that are healthy, creamy, slightly sweet and of course quick and easy to make and this one is exactly that!
You literally just dumb everything in a pot and simmer to perfection. This soup is pretty low on fat and sodium but full of flavor and immunity boosting properties. It will yield about 2 big bowls of soup and you can enjoy this hot or cool. You can refrigerate it and consume within 3 days. Feel free to add more or less spices but do not skip the nutritional yeast! It will add a beautiful cheesy flavor!
- half a butternut squash
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 small white potato
- 1 big carrot
- 1 large white onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp runny tahini
- 1/2 cube vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- pinch of allspice
- Wash your vegetables, peel them and cut them in cubes. You can cut them in big cubes since your soup will be blended anyway.
- Put your vegetables in your pot, add enough water to cover them then add your olive oil, spices and cube stock and set of medium high heat.
- Once it starts to boil, reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add your nutritional yeast and tahini and stir. Your vegetables should be soft by now.
- With an emerging blender blend your soup to your desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with cracked pepper, balsamic or parsley and enjoy!