Adaptogenic Coconut Turmeric Oats with caramelized Banana (Creamiest oats ever!)
If you love your fats, you are guaranteed to like these oats! Turmeric is known for its amazing health benefits and it’s earthy flavor and combined with coconut milk and a few more spices it gives a heavenly combination whether in lattes or oats. This vegan and gluten free oatmeal will take you no more than 15 minutes to cook and it’s mess free.
I added my favorite Four stigmatic 10 mushroom blend for some added health benefits. Adaptogenic mushrooms are great to add to your routine for immunity support and to energize you in stressful times. The fat from the coconut milk will not only make these oats the creamiest ever, but will aid your body absorb the turmeric better. The caramelized banana is the ideal topping to pair these oats with. The sweetness compliments the earthy flavor of the oats just right. Don’t skip making this breakfast! There’s no better way to start your day with.
- 1 cup quick cook oats
- 1 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/2 coconut milk can
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- dash of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp Four stigmatic 10 mushroom blend
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- dash of salt
- dash of nutmeg
- 2,3 drops vanilla extract
for caramelized banana:
- half a banana
- 1/4 tsp coconut oil
- In a small saucepan, put your water, coconut milk and oats and set on medium heat
- Add your spices (turmeric, black pepper, cinnamon, ginger powder, nutmeg, salt), adaptogenic blend and maple syrup and stir to combine
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat on low and let simmer for 5-10 more minutes.
- At this point your oats should be creamy and all liquid should be absorbed. If the mixture is too thick for you, you can add some more water or coconut milk.
- For the caramelized banana, simply cut your banana lengthwise and brush with coconut oil. Put in the microwave for 30 seconds. It should be soft and slightly caramelized on top.
- Serve your oatmeal in a bowl garnished with your banana on top and any other topping you would like (I added coconut flakes and ground flax seeds).