No Boil Creamy Chicken Rotini Casserole (Vegan & Gluten Free)
If you are looking for a dinner that won’t take hours to prepare and won’t get your kitchen messy but will be delicious and comforting for busy days then this will be it.
All you need for this awesome vegan and gluten free casserole, is some pasta, some vegetables, some vegan chicken and some very simple creamy cashew cream. You throw everything in a casserole dish, then the oven and in less than an hour you have dinner. That’s it! No boiling, no sautéing.
I have only tried this with gluten free pasta, so I’m not sure whether regular pasta would work the same. This recipe will yield about three servings and you can store in the refrigerator for up to three days and reheat. I really hope you try it!
- 2 cups gluten free rotini pasta
- 2 pieces Gardein chicken scallopini (half the package), cut in cubes
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly diced
- half a white onion, thinly diced
- 1/4 cup peas
- a dash of Cracked black pepper
for the sauce:
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 3,4 hours
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp vegan chicken gravy powder
- 1/4 tsp sage
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp Better than Bouillon vegetable base
- Drain you cashews and put them in a high speed blender along with the rest of the sauce ingredients. Blend for about a minute until you have a nice creamy sauce and there are no pieces of cashews left.
- Preheat your oven at 425 degrees
- In a 9×11″ casserole dish put your pasta, vegetables and chicken and cover with your cashew sauce. make sure the pasta is covered with the sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Half way through baking, give everything a gentle stir.
- Remove from oven, let stand for 5-10 minutes and then serve and add a little black pepper.