Quinoa & Roasted Sweet Potato Bowl with Curry Mandarin Tahini Dressing| vegan & gluten free
Who doesn’t like a beautiful bowl for lunch or dinner? Colorful and nutritious, constructed of different vegetables, greens and grains they make an amazing meal to fill you up and nourish your body at the same time.
This bowl is combines three ingredients that make an unbeatable combination. Quinoa, sweet potato and of course kale. I think 90% of bowls you would get at restaurants contain these three ingredients.
You can even prep your quinoa and sweet potato in advance and then assemble your bowls later.
What really makes this bowl a perfection is the curry mandarin tahini dressing (see the recipe here).The creaminess of the tahini along with the sweetness of mandarin and earthy flavor of curry will make every bite of this salad irresistible!
- 1/2 cup white quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth (I made by adding 1/4 tsp better than bouillon vegetable stock in 1 cup hot water)
- 2 cups kale, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, Diced
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4-5 Tbsp curry mandarin tahini dressing
- In a small saucepan heat 1 tsp olive oil, add quinoa and toast for a minute. Add water, half of the salt and pepper, and stock and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 10 minutes until all water is absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Line a tray with parchment paper, drizzle your sweet potatoes with 1 tsp of olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika and roast for about 25 minutes.
- Assemble your bowl the way you like, pour your dressing and enjoy!