Greek Inspired Garlic Baked Fries
Who doesn’t like French fries? Crispy with a soft center, these are so hard to resist! It’s just so hard to only have one of them!
If you’re trying to avoid them because they’re deep fried and rich in oil, think again! Baking them will give the same texture and taste while keeping away all those unhealthy fats.
Baked fries are one of my favorite things to cook because they’re delicious, crunchy and healthier than deep fried French fries! Also they’re mess free. Nobody likes their home to smell like oil for a whole day..
This recipe was created to bring a Greek twist to your fries! Lightly salted with lots of garlic and fresh parsley they remind me of summers in Greece!
- 4 medium size Yukon potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oragano
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- a bunch chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp all purpose flour
- Preheat oven at 375.
- Add your potatoes, a pinch or two of salt and enough water to cover them and bring to a boil. Boil your potatoes until they’re just a bit soft (about 10 minutes) They should still be hard inside when pinched with a fork).
- Strain the potatoes and pat them dry with a towel.
- Put the potatoes in a bowl, add olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano and mix around.
- Add the flour and half of the garlic and mix again until all of the potatoes are covered.
- In a pan lined with parchment paper, lay your potatoes and bake for 20 minutes. Turn the oven up to 400 and cook until the potatoes are golden (about 10-15 more minutes)
- Remove from oven and serve with more garlic and fresh parsley!