Easy Pumpkin Bread | Vegan, Dairy-Free
I have to admit I’m not a big pumpkin anything person. I never had a pumpkin latte and I barely ever crave any baked pumpkin goods.
I do like fall though and I will have an occasional pumpkin muffin with my coffee or tea. I like the warming, spicy flavor of a pumpkin cake or or muffin and I prefer it plain without chocolate chips and not overly sweet.
Since I had a pumpkin purée can in my pantry I decided to create a pretty basic pumpkin bread that is not too sweet like bakery bought ones, but still delicious and full of flavor!
This vegan and dairy-free pumpkin bread is low on refined sugar (only the pumpkin purée actually contains sugar), it is fluffy, slightly sweet and spicy so it makes a great treat for fall.
Besides all that, it is also very easy and quick to make. Enjoy this with some vegan butter or nut butter along with coffee or tea!
You can warm this up or have it as is and you can consume it within 3 or 4 days (although I’m sure there will be nothing left the same day)!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted vegan butter
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp ground flax seed with 6 Tbsp water)
Walnuts to top it off (optional)
- Preheat your oven at 350 degrees
- In a bowl make your flax egg by adding ground flax seeds and water. Mix well and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl mix all your dry ingredients.
- In another bowl mix together pumpkin purée and flax eggs. Then add rest of the wet ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Add your wet ingredients to your dry and mix well. Its ok if your batter in a little clumpy
- Transfer your batter to a small baking tray, top with some walnuts and bake for 45-50 minutes until a knife comes out clean when pinched.