One Bowl Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars | Vegan, Gluten-free
I said I’m not a huge fan of pumpkin desserts but it doesn’t hurt to experiment with some recipes, especially when you have leftover pumpkin purée and look for something simple and quick to make.
These Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars literally took me 10 minutes to put together! I mixed everything in one bowl, threw some chocolate chips on top to make them a little fancier, baked them and I had the perfect treat for my afternoon tea.
You will love these not only because they’re simple and mess free but also they’re delicious, sweet and full of fall flavor. Plus they’re vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free!
You will want to pulse your oats a few times to break them down just a bit so these hold together nicely. Also you can add as much chocolate as you like and the salt is completely optional. I just love the salty kick along with the chocolate in each bite.
If you would like your bars to have a heavier pumpkin flavor you can instead of the mashed banana use 1/3 cup more of pumpkin purée.
Let me know how you liked these!
- 1 1/2 cups quick cook oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2,5 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp monk fruit sweetener
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat your oven at 350 degrees.
- Line a small baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add your wet ingredients and mix until everything is combined (it’s ok if you can still see some clumps from the banana)
- Add your oats in a food processor and pulse 5-6 times.
- Add the oats into the bowl with the wet ingredients and then sprinkle the rest of the dry ingredients and mix everything. You bater will have a thick, cookie dough-like consistency.
- Add your batter into the lined tray, press your batter onto the tray and add your chocolate chips on top. and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle some coarse sea salt on your bars. Let cool for 10 minutes, then cut and serve.