Tahini Roasted Winter Vegetables |Vegan
I don’t know about you, but I find myself roasting vegetables quite often. Fall and winter are also my favorite seasons to roast veggies since there are so many great seasonal vegetables around!
In this quick and easy recipe I chose some beautiful winter vegetables to roast that we all love! Acorn squash, butternut squash and sweet potatoes! These orange veggies are full of carotenoids and other vitamins and minerals that strengthen our immunity!
Usually I just toss them in the oven with just some olive oil and a little salt and pepper but this time I tried something different.
These veggies are cut into small cubes and coated with a nice tahini sauce which balances the sweetness of them!
They are slowly roasted to perfection until soft and caramelized! They are sweet, slightly salty and bitter from the tahini sauce, and creamy.
They will make a great meal or even side dish! You can have them on their own or toss them over some greens.
Whatever the case, make sure you try them!
Tahini Roasted Winter Vegetables
Winter vegetables coated with a herby tahini sauce and roasted to perfection!
-1/2 acorn squash
-2 small sweet potatoes
-1/2 butternut squash
-3 garlic cloves
for the sauce:
-1 Tbsp runny tahini
-1/4 cup cold water
-1/2 tsp garlic salt
-1 tsp vegetable bouillon
-1/w tsp sage powder
-1/4 tsp white pepper
-1/4 tsp thyme
-pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat your oven at 370 degrees.
- Cut your vegetables in small cubes (as pictured above). Slice your garlic thinly.
- In a bowl, mix your tahini, bouillon, olive oil, spices and salt. Slowly add your water and mix until you have a liquid sauce.
- Spread your vegetables in a baking dish and pour the sauce over them. Mix until all veggies are coated with the tahini sauce.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes until your vegetables acquire a nice golden brown color.