Couscous Salad with Harissa Roasted Vegetables and Harissa Tahini Dressing | Vegan
I love harissa! It gives a great taste to everything added on and a nice kick of spice!
Roasting my vegetables after I mix them with a nice spoonful of harissa has become a habit of mine lately, so I thought how about sharing a simple salad recipe that is full of flavor and will make a great lunch or dinner side?
This couscous salad is made with Moroccan couscous which is the tiny type of semolina grains. The couscous is cooked with a bit of olive oil and in broth so it’s perfectly flavorful on its own.
Then it’s mixed with some warm harissa roasted vegetables like zucchini, eggplant, onions and sweet potatoes and topped with a generous amount of fresh parsley for a herby freshness, and a beautiful harissa infused tahini dressing (you can check the recipe for the dressing here)!
This Mediterranean inspired salad can’t get any better! It’s refreshing, filling but still light, it’s spicy, herby and slightly salty and tangy.
Plus it’s of course vegan, dairy free and will take you less than 45 minutes to make!
Couscous Salad with Harissa Roasted Vegetables and Harissa Tahini Dressing
A mediterennean inspired couscous salad with spicy Harissa roasted vegetables, fresh herbs and Harissa infused dressing.
- 1 cup moroccan couscous
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 zucchini, diced (or about 1 cup)
- 1/2 small eggplant, diced (or about 1 cups)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small sweet potato, sliced
- 2 tsp harissa paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- a few slices lemon for garnish
for the couscous:
for the vegetables:
- Preheat your oven at 400 degrees.
- In a bowl mix together the vegetables with the harissa paste, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Place them in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until all vegetables are soft and caramelized.
- While your vegetables are cooking prepare your couscous. In a small saucepan add your broth and olive oil and bring to a boil. Pour the couscous, reduce heat to low, close the lid and let steam for about 5 minutes until all liquid is absorbed. Remove the lid, let the couscous rest for a few minutes and then fluff with the fork.
- Once the vegetables are ready, remove from the oven and let cool down for a few minutes.
- To assemble your salad, pour the couscous into a wide plate or bowl and add the roasted vegetables on top. Pour the dressing on top of your salad and garnish with fresh parsley, fresh minced garlic and some lemon slices.
- If you want your vegetables to be more or less spicy you can adjust the amount of Harissa accordingly.
- You can store any leftovers in the fridge for up to three days. You just might need to add some more dressing.