Gut Healing Miso Salted Hot Chocolate | Vegan, Dairy-free
Yes, you read right! This hot chocolate recipe contains miso! I know you’re probably thinking how can you even pair those two, but trust me this combination is unreal. We all know that an add of salt makes sweets even more decadent and miso is salted. Added to hot chocolate it gives a slight saltiness but also a great depth of flavor due the umami flavor.
Besides its pleasant savory taste, miso has also amazing health properties to offer since its made out of fermented soy beans. If you find that your gut needs a little extra love lately, miso’s probiotic and prebiotic qualities will definitely help.
Also this hot chocolate contains some cinnamon and ginger powder for some added aroma and anti inflammatory properties and some cayenne for a kick of spice. If you’re not into spice you can skip it but I find that it really adds to the flavor.
You will love this dairy-free hot chocolate because it’s rich, creamy, sweet and salty and so soothing for your stomach! If you’re trying to stay away from sugar for a few days, this will definitely substitute your desserts and aid healing your digestion!
Gut Healing Miso Hot Chocolate | Vegan, Dairy-free
A creamy dairy-free hot chocolate with miso paste for added gut healing properties!
- In a small saucepan, add all your ingredients except your miso paste over medium low heat. Bring to a slow simmer while stirring to make sure you remove any clumps.
- Once your hot chocolate starts to simmer, add your miso paste and remove from heat. Which until the miso is dissolved.
- Pour half your chocolate in a mug and frith using a frother. Pour the rest of the hot chocolate into the mug. Enjoy!
- If you prefer your hot chocolate more sweet you can add more sweetener.
- Instead of maple syrup you can add agave syrup.