Adaptogenic Matcha Latte | Vegan, Dairy-Free
If you guys had a stressful couple of days and looking for ways to relax and unwind I have the perfect drink for you. Cutting down on caffeine is definitely helping when you’re trying to reduce stress, so if you’re looking for an alternative to your coffee matcha is great.
Yes, matcha contains caffeine but thanks to the amino acid L-Theanine, the caffeine is slowly released so there is a calming, relaxing effect. Also, matcha has a high antioxidant content since it’s full of catechins, flavonoids, and polyphenols.
Add to these benefits the amazing properties of adaptogenic herbs and your have a powerful drink. I have been a fan of adaptogens for a while and I find them of great help to release tension and ease fatigue when taken often.
This green tea latte contains a teaspoon on my favorite adaptogen blend which is a mixture of Reishi, lions mane, chaga, cordyceps mushrooms and other calming herbs!
You will love this matcha because it’s rich, creamy, warming with an earthy, vegetal flavor and slightly sweetened. Also it’s vegan, dairy-free and refined sugar-free!
It will take you less than 5 minutes to make and will help make your mornings or afternoons more relaxing and enjoyable!
Adaptogenic Matcha Latte| Vegan, Dairy-free
A creamy dairy-free hot green tea latte with added health promoting adaptogens!
- Sift your matcha powder into a mug so it’s not clumpy. Add you adaptogen blend powder. Pour in a little hot water and mix well. Add the rest of the hot water. Make sure your water is about 170 degrees hot. You don’t want it boiling hot.
- Heat up the soy milk and froth using a frother.
- Pour the milk in your green tea. Add some cinnamon on top if you want.
- Make sure your water is hot (around 180 degrees), not boiling.
- Instead of soy milk you can use coconut milk as well.