Apple Berry Granola Crump pie | Vegan, Gluten-free, Refined Sugar-free
Are you looking for the perfect breakfast or dessert? I have the perfect recipe for you that will do for both!
If you’ve had enough oatmeal bowls but still crave something warm and sweet, this recipe is for you!
This Apple berry granola crumb pie is all you need this morning! It simply has it all! It’s sweet, fruity and tardy with the perfect crunch of the granola on top! And as much as it sounds fancy it’s actually pretty easy and quick to make.
Crump pies are delicious and this one is not only that, but also healthier since it doesn’t contain any refined sugars and it’s also vegan and gluten free since it contains no butter or flour. Instead the crump consists of granola which is made with oats, nuts, seeds and coconut oil.
This is a pantry friendly recipe that’s easy and relatively quick to prepare but full of flavor!
All you will need is some chopped apples and some frozen mixed berries as the base of this pie. Then in a bowl you will mix the granola ingredients and top the fruit base with it. You bake it and there you have some delicious dessert!
There is one ingredient that is important and that is potato starch (or any kind of starch to help thicken the berry base and make it easier to cut and serve. Also I used a small cast iron as my equipment but your can also a small casserole dish.
Have this on its own or with some vegan yoghurt or ice cream! Either way you will love it!
Apple Berry Granola Crump Pie | Vegan & Gluten-free
An easy vegan and gluten free dessert with berries and apples topped of with a homemade granola crump!
- 2 cups frozen berries
- 1/2 cup apple pieces (I used Granny Smith apples)
- 1 tsp potato starch
- 3/4 cup gluten free oats, (I used quick cook oats)
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tsp coconut oil, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
For the base:
For the granola crump topping:
- Preheat your oven at 375 degrees. In a 8″ cast iron skillet add your frozen berries, apple pieces and potato starch. Put over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until the berries just start to melt. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare your granola crump by mixing all the crump ingredients together with your hands until you have a crump like consistency.
- Pour your granola crump over the berries and distribute evenly. Lightly press with your fingers.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes (depending on how strong your oven is) until the crump starts acquiring a golden brown color. Remove from the oven, let stand for 10-15 minutes, then serve on its own or with some coconut yoghurt or vegan ice-cream.
- You can refrigerate any leftovers for up to three days.
- I used pumpkin spice for more flavor but cinnamon will also work.
- If you want extra sweetness your can also add some maple syrup in your berry base and/ or in your granola crump.
- Instead of potato starch you can add corn starch.