Easy Tofu Feta Cheese | Vegan
A lot of us have something we miss when going vegan and for me that’s feta cheese. Being Greek I sometimes crave a piece of feta cheese with my favorite recipes.
Hopefully there are a lot of vegan options nowadays for vegan cheeses but I also have a way to create my own vegan feta very easily and with simple ingredients!
No this is not a complicated recipe and you won’t have to go through 20 steps to make your own feta. This vegan feta cheese is simply made from tofu which is marinated overnight in a homemade marinate.
All you need is a block of firm or extra firmtofu (I have tried both and they work fine) and a mix of olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, miso and some garlic salt and oregano. Once you mix the liquid ingredients, miso paste and spices, you will simply pour your liquid over your cubes tofu.
You can refrigerate overnight or for a few hours and you will have some delicious flavorful tofu feta which will go great in your salads and bowls.
A few things are imperative for this recipe. First you have to make sure your tofu is drained well so it can absorb the marinate. Second make sure the ingredients are mixed well. Miso needs to be dissolved in your liquid. Also you will need a wide bowl to lay your tofu cubes. You want the liquid to be distributed evenly on the tofu. I use this pyrex container.
Finally make your you let the tofu marinate for a few hour or better overnight so it gets all the flavors from the liquid!
And that’s it! So simple! I really hope you try this! It’s so easy to make and it even though it’s not real feta the taste will really come close!
Easy Tofu Feta Cheese| Vegan
An easy vegan & dairy-free feta cheese made from marinaded tofu
- In a rectangular pyrex container place your tofu cubes and lay them evenly across the dish.
- In a separate bowl mix all the other ingredients together well.
- Pour your liquid over your tofu, close the lid and give it a gentle shake to make sure the liquid everything is covered with the liquid.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight. Enjoy within 4-5 days!
- You can use firm or extra firm tofu. I find both working. fine.
- Keep refrigerated and consume within 5 days.