Sweet Potato Tofu Curry |Vegan
I am definitely not the best at cooking curry dishes but I love to experiment and create a delicious curry dish using simple ingredients and without having to spend hours in the kitchen.
If you also want to make a delicious dish with pantry friendly ingredients continue reading through this recipe because it’s simply great. This sweet potato tofu curry is dreamy. All you need is some sweet potatoes, some firm tofu cooked in a delicious broth made from a mix of aromatic spices, veggie broth and coconut milk.
You will need 30 to 35 minutes to prepare and cook your dish and I promise you the result is astonishing! This curry is sweet and salty, creamy and fragrant, and of course it’s vegan and dairy-free.
It’s a perfect meal for a busy weeknight and you can pair it with some seamed rice or brown rice and some lime juice and fresh cilantro!
Sweet Potato Tofu Curry
A delicious and fragrant curry with sweet potatoes, tofu and a mix of aromatic spices!
- 2 small sweet potatoes, diced
- 1/2 block firm tofu, diced
- 2 small sweet peppers, sliced thinly (optional)
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch crushed pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- lemon or lime juice
- crushed peanuts or cashews
add ons (optional):
- In a medium size pot heat up your coconut oil on medium high heat. Add onions and garlic and sautee for 2 minutes until softened. Add spices, tomato paste and a splash of your broth and sauce for 2,3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add your sweet potato, broth and coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Reduce your heat to medium low and let simmer for about 10 minutes until the sweet potato is softer.
- Add your peppers and tofu cubes and let simmer another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for a few minutes to thicken up before serving. Serve with some rice and add some cilantro, lemon or lime and some crushed peanuts to garnish. Enjoy!
- You can use firm or extra firm tofu.
- You can refrigerate any leftovers for up to 3 days.
- If you prefer your curry more or less spicy adjust the cayenne pepper and crushed pepper.