Tahini Pasta Salad with Roasted Acorn Squash
I know pasta salads are more of a summer dish but I was in the mood for some so I came up with this quick recipe which is perfect for winter. This pasta salad includes acorn squash, a favorite fall/winter vegetable, and a beautiful tahini dressing which pairs the nutty flavor of the squash amazingly!
You will need a few simple pantry friendly ingredients and less than an hour to put everything together and the result will definitely satisfy you. You will have to roast your acorn squash after you drizzle it with some olive oil, salt and ground sage. The sage really compliments the flavor of the squash.
For your tahini dressing your will need tahini, soy sauce, a bit of lemon juice and maple syrup, plus some more ground sage. After your squash is ready, you will coat your pasta with the tahini dressing, mix in the acorn squash and garnish with some fresh herbs and minced garlic. That simple!
You will love this salad because it’s delicious and full of flavor, with the sweetness of the squash and some slight bitterness from the tahini. And of course it’s vegan and dairy free.
So here is a great idea on how to use acorn squash to create a beautiful dish!
Tahini Pasta Salad with Roasted Acorn Squash| Vegan
An easy and delicious vegan salad with fusilli pasta and roasted acorn squash coated with a rich tahini sauce!
- Preheat your oven at 400 degrees. In a small baking tray or cast iron skillet place your acorn squash, a bit of olive oil, a pinch of salt and half of your sage powder. Mix and roast for 30-35 minutes until soft and slightly golden.
- While your acorn squash is cooking, cook your pasta according to the package directions. When straining save about 1/4 cup of the water for the tahini sauce.
- Prepare your tahini dressing by mixing together tahini, olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, salt, sage, maple syrup and pasta water. Your consistency should be runny.
- Once your acorn squash is ready, remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. In a big bowl mix your pasta with the tahini dressing until the pasta is well covered. Add your minced garlic, acorn squash and mix again gently. Garnish with some fresh parsley and dill and add some fresghly ground black pepper for extra taste. Enjoy!
- You can use firm or extra firm tofu. I find both working. fine.
- Keep refrigerated and consume within 5 days.