Whether you’re looking to meal prep for a few days or make a quick dinner, this sweet potato & quinoa casserole will make a great choice. It’s super nutritious, delicious and very easy to make. This recipe calls for simple ingredients and can be adjusted …
Not all cooking should be complicated and time consuming especially when you own an Instant Pot. I swear by it and ever since I bought it I use it weekly! This recipe is a very good example of how you can use your Instant pot …
Wether you’re looking for a coffee alternative or a comforting drink for any time of the day this one will definitely do for both!
Turmeric lattes have become increasingly popular the past couple years. This warming drink originates in India where it’s traditionally consumed for its amazing health benefits. It contains spices such as turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and black pepper and has an intense earthy, spiced flavor!
This golden milk latte recipe also combines coconut milk, tahini and maca powder. Macs powder is known for it’s hormonal balancing properties and has a distinct caramel, malt-like flavor so it really goes well with the turmeric. Also the tahini adds some extra creaminess and a slight bitterness to this golden milk and will add some healthy fats to your drink.
This golden milk latte is the ultimate drink to relax and unwind to to start your day with. It’s perfectly spiced and sweet, creamy and slightly bitter and extremely healthy!
Also it’s vegan, dairy-free and refined sugar-free, and it takes less than ten minutes to make.
Make sure you try it!
Tahini & Maca Golden Milk | Vegan, Dairy-free
A warm, comforting drink with turmeric, maca and tahini!
- Add all your ingredients into a small saucepan and bring over low medium heat.
- Stir well and bring to slow simmer. Once your mixture starts to simmer, remove from heat.
- Pour your drink into a blender and blend for a few seconds or froth using a brother. Pour to a mug, add some more cinnamon if you would like and enjoy!
- Instead of coconut milk you can also use any other dairy-free milk you like. However I find that coconut milk make this drink extra creamy.
If you like Cajun seasoned stuff you will love these croutons! Sweet potato goes really well with cajun and these crispy little bites are the perfect topping for salads, bowls, soups or as a healthy snack! Cajun is a mix of spices like paprika, cayenne, …
Persimmon is a fruit that I don’t get to eat too often but when I find them during fall and winter I make sure to buy as many as possible. They are perfectly sweet and juicy, so how can you not like them? I had …
I don’t know about you but cauliflower is my favorite cruciferous vegetable because you can cook it in so many different ways and make it taste delicious!
This recipe is very simple and I make it here and there when I’m craving a salty, crunchy – but still healthy- snack.
To create these turmeric tahini roasted bites you will need only a few simple pantry friendly ingredients and less than 45 minutes to prepare them!
Basically all you have to do is steam a small cauliflower whole. Then seperate the florets and dip them in a simple sauce. Then you roast them for 30 minutes until they’re barely golden brown and you have the perfect snack or side dish or salad topping!
You will create your sauce with tahini, lemon juice, water, turmeric and onion salt, pepper and garlic for taste!
Believe it or not these cauliflower bites taste and smell amazing! They are perfectly tender and a bit crunchy on the edges. They are garlicky, salty and slightly cheesy!
Make sure you try these! They are so good that you will have them all in one sitting!
Turmeric Tahini Roasted Cauiflower | Vegan
Perfectly roasted cauliflower bites covered in a creamy turmeric tahini sauce!
- Preheat your oven at 370 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine your tahini, water, lemon juice, turmeric powder, onion salt and pepper. Mix well until you have a smooth, creamy consistency. Add your minced garlic and mix to combine.
- Steam your cauliflower whole in a pot for about 5 minutes, until its just slightly tender. Remove from the pot when ready and let aside to cool for a few minutes. Carefully cut the cauliflower florets and dip them in your turmeric tahini sauce until they’re evenly covered.
- Place your cauliflower florets on the lined baking sheet and place in the oven for 30 minutes until they turn golden brown. Remove and serve with some parsley or some vegan parmesan.
- You can refrigerate any leftovers for up to three days.
Banana bread is the perfect treat when your sweet tooth calls for cake! I love making cakes but I am not a fan of making a mess in the kitchen and having to wash a bunch of bowls after I’m done baking. Also I don’t …
I know so many people are not fans of spirulina due to it’s rather strong algae smell but it is so beneficial for our health, that is a sin not to include it to our diet. It is so easy to mask the flavor anyway so if you make my recipe you will end up loving too and making it more often!
For anyone unfamiliar with spirulina, it is an algae that has been consumed around the world for thousands of years due to its powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It is one of the most nutritious foods on earth, containing vitamins B, iron, copper and being a complete protein since it contains all essential amino acids.
Now this smoothie is great because it’s sweet and sour, with lots of acidity from lemon juice and it’s more on the thinner side so it’s between a smoothie and a green juice.
You can not detect the spirulina taste or smell at all and it contains just to enough frozen banana to sweeten without being overly sweet. It also contains a good amount of frozen mango which gives it a tropical vibe and brightness. And it’s also made with coconut water so it’s super refreshing and hydrating. Another ingredient that I love adding to smoothies is maca. Here you can slightly taste its caramel like flavor but I mostly love to add it for its hormone balancing benefits. Lastly, it has a good amount of protein from both the spirulina and the hemp protein.
This smoothie is simple but tastes so good that will definitely make you change your mind about spirulina! It’s such an amazing superfood and so easy to add to smoothies! Give it a try!
The Best Spirulina Protein Smoothie
A super tasty and healthy spirulina smoothie made with only 6 ingredients.
- Put all your ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed for 30 seconds or until you have a smooth consistency.
- Pour into a glass and add some ice if you would like.