One of the vegetables I find myself more often cooking especially in winter is beets! I used to love beets since I was little! My mom would usually just steam them or boil them. I still do the same sometimes but honestly that’s a rather …
Ok, I have the perfect cookies for your afternoon coffee break. These sesame molasses cookies are inspired by traditional cookies you would find in middle eastern countries. They are perfectly spiced and sweet, yet super healthy, rich in fiber and healthy fats. You won’t believe …
I know pasta salads are more of a summer dish but I was in the mood for some so I came up with this quick recipe which is perfect for winter. This pasta salad includes acorn squash, a favorite fall/winter vegetable, and a beautiful tahini dressing which pairs the nutty flavor of the squash amazingly!
You will need a few simple pantry friendly ingredients and less than an hour to put everything together and the result will definitely satisfy you. You will have to roast your acorn squash after you drizzle it with some olive oil, salt and ground sage. The sage really compliments the flavor of the squash.
For your tahini dressing your will need tahini, soy sauce, a bit of lemon juice and maple syrup, plus some more ground sage. After your squash is ready, you will coat your pasta with the tahini dressing, mix in the acorn squash and garnish with some fresh herbs and minced garlic. That simple!
You will love this salad because it’s delicious and full of flavor, with the sweetness of the squash and some slight bitterness from the tahini. And of course it’s vegan and dairy free.
So here is a great idea on how to use acorn squash to create a beautiful dish!
Tahini Pasta Salad with Roasted Acorn Squash| Vegan
An easy and delicious vegan salad with fusilli pasta and roasted acorn squash coated with a rich tahini sauce!
- Preheat your oven at 400 degrees. In a small baking tray or cast iron skillet place your acorn squash, a bit of olive oil, a pinch of salt and half of your sage powder. Mix and roast for 30-35 minutes until soft and slightly golden.
- While your acorn squash is cooking, cook your pasta according to the package directions. When straining save about 1/4 cup of the water for the tahini sauce.
- Prepare your tahini dressing by mixing together tahini, olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, salt, sage, maple syrup and pasta water. Your consistency should be runny.
- Once your acorn squash is ready, remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. In a big bowl mix your pasta with the tahini dressing until the pasta is well covered. Add your minced garlic, acorn squash and mix again gently. Garnish with some fresh parsley and dill and add some fresghly ground black pepper for extra taste. Enjoy!
- You can use firm or extra firm tofu. I find both working. fine.
- Keep refrigerated and consume within 5 days.
I am definitely not the best at cooking curry dishes but I love to experiment and create a delicious curry dish using simple ingredients and without having to spend hours in the kitchen.
If you also want to make a delicious dish with pantry friendly ingredients continue reading through this recipe because it’s simply great. This sweet potato tofu curry is dreamy. All you need is some sweet potatoes, some firm tofu cooked in a delicious broth made from a mix of aromatic spices, veggie broth and coconut milk.
You will need 30 to 35 minutes to prepare and cook your dish and I promise you the result is astonishing! This curry is sweet and salty, creamy and fragrant, and of course it’s vegan and dairy-free.
It’s a perfect meal for a busy weeknight and you can pair it with some seamed rice or brown rice and some lime juice and fresh cilantro!
Sweet Potato Tofu Curry
A delicious and fragrant curry with sweet potatoes, tofu and a mix of aromatic spices!
- 2 small sweet potatoes, diced
- 1/2 block firm tofu, diced
- 2 small sweet peppers, sliced thinly (optional)
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch crushed pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- lemon or lime juice
- crushed peanuts or cashews
add ons (optional):
- In a medium size pot heat up your coconut oil on medium high heat. Add onions and garlic and sautee for 2 minutes until softened. Add spices, tomato paste and a splash of your broth and sauce for 2,3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add your sweet potato, broth and coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Reduce your heat to medium low and let simmer for about 10 minutes until the sweet potato is softer.
- Add your peppers and tofu cubes and let simmer another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for a few minutes to thicken up before serving. Serve with some rice and add some cilantro, lemon or lime and some crushed peanuts to garnish. Enjoy!
- You can use firm or extra firm tofu.
- You can refrigerate any leftovers for up to 3 days.
- If you prefer your curry more or less spicy adjust the cayenne pepper and crushed pepper.
I have the perfect little sweet snack for you and it’s only made with 4 ingredients! If you guys have a love for chocolate and matcha you will love this fudge. I love fudge but usually never find any vegan around to buy and it’s …
I had a few avocados that were about to go bad in the fridge and had no idea what to do with them. So I sliced them and put them in the freezer so I can use them for smoothies later. After a few hours …
Lentils are my favorite beans! They are super healthy being rich in fiber and protein , and rich in prebiotics making it so beneficial for your gut.
I love my lentil soups but sometimes you just crave a good salad with lentils even though it’s freezing outside!
This Mediterranean inspired lentil salad is dreamy! Its easy to make, it’s refreshing with crunchy fresh veggies, it’s herby and aromatic and comes with an amazing whipped lemon vinegraite!
The lemon dressing is made with only olive oil, fresh lemon juice, a clove of garlic for extra flavor, salt and pepper. But what makes it so good is blending it for a few seconds to get a frothy consistency!
Also you will need lots of dill and parsley for this salad to make it extra aromatic!
There is not much prepping involved for this recipe but soaking your lentils overnight or for a few hours will help cook them faster!
Use lots or red onion and scallions and of course olives! After all this is a Mediterranean salad!
Try this salad out guys! It’s seriously so good!
Perfect Herby Lentil Salad with Whipped Lemon Dressing
A refreshing lentil salad with fresh veggies and herbs and topped with a rich lemon dressing!
- 1/2 cup green lentils, soaked for at least 3 hours or overnight
- 1 cup lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 Persian cucumber, chopped
- 2 small sweet peppers, sliced thinly
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- a few olives of your choice
- 1 scallion, sliced thinly
- parsley, roughly chopped
- dill, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- juice from one lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
For the dressing:
- In a small saucepan put your lentil and enough water to cover them by two inches and bring to a boil. Cook until the lentils are tender (about 20 minutes).
- While your lentils are cooking, prepare your lemon dressing by adding all your ingredient to a blender and blending for a few seconds until you have a frothy consistency.
- Strain the lentils and let them cool for a bit. Then mix your vegetables and lentils in a bowl, add your dressing and mix well. Serve and enjoy!
- You can refrigerate any leftovers for up to three days.
Are you looking for the perfect breakfast or dessert? I have the perfect recipe for you that will do for both! If you’ve had enough oatmeal bowls but still crave something warm and sweet, this recipe is for you! This Apple berry granola crumb pie …